COVID-19 Visitor Restrictions:
PCHD has visitor restrictions in place for the safety and protection of residents and patients. Restrictions may change at any given time in response to COVID-19 precautions. Current visitor restrictions will be posted in the Hospital and Admissions area.
- Limited visitation and hours are available in the Nursing Home. Please call 208-226-3200 ext 100 for information and to schedule a time to visit.
- Limited visitors and visiting hours are allowed in the Hospital and ER. Please speak with a staff member for questions about the current policy.
- All individuals must enter the building at the Hospital ER Admission Entrance. Please use the upper parking lot for access.
- All individuals entering the facility will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms, including temperature check to enter.
- All individuals must wear a mask, practice hand hygiene, social distancing for visits, and follow all staff instructions for the safety of patients and staff.
- Family or Friends accompanying patients may be asked to wait outside in your car or come back to pick-up patients if necessary.
Visiting Hours 8am–8pm
Visitors can be good medicine for patients. Family members and friends are welcome to visit. However, patient care is our primary concern at PCHD and in order to enhance the quality of care, specific visiting hours and regulations have been established. General hours of visitation are from 8:00am to 8:00pm. Please check with the nurse’s station for visitation time options outside of these hours.
The following are general guidelines for visitors:
- Visitors may not smoke in patient rooms or anywhere in the hospital or hospital grounds.
- Visitors must dress appropriately and must wear shirt and shoes.
- Visitors should be considerate of other patients.
- People with colds, sore throats, or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Visits should not interfere with patient treatments.
- Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Visitors may be limited by staff in rooms or exam areas for patient care and safety.
- There are specifically designated lounge areas for visitors in the Admissions area or near the hospital rooms.
Gifts for Patients
Visitors should check with the nurse before bringing gifts of food or drink to patients. Please check with the nurse to make sure there are no dietary or liquid restrictions or allergy precautions.
The Pink Lady Corner Store has an assortment of gift items and cards to purchase.
Parking for patients and visitors is available 24/7 in the back or front areas of the hospital. Patients and visitors are cautioned not to park in reserved areas. *Please pardon the parking disruptions, during construction! Look for signs indicating patient and visitor parking areas.
Power County Hospital is a tobacco-free facility. Tobacco use, including smoking, is not allowed in the hospital or anywhere on hospital grounds.