Get the Vaccine! Wash Your Hands!
Power County Hospital District wants to help continue ensuring that our community is prepared for the COVID-19 virus. We want to remind everyone to FOLLOW the recommendations of state & federal guidelines for getting a vaccine, facemask use, hand hygiene, and social distancing to help continue the fight of contamination in our area. The following information are some recommendations, PCHD facility policies, and links to helpful websites to help answer your questions.
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)– Best resource for information on COVID-19 and precautions to follow to keep your family safe! Information available in Espanol too!
- Southeastern Idaho Public Health– Website or Hotline for COVID-19 assistance at 1-888-330-3010 / 208-234-5875
- State of Idaho COVID19 Information– Information about State Orders, Vaccine Distribution, and Idaho COVID19 statistics.
PCHD Facility Reminders regarding COVID-19: We still have visitor restrictions in place for the safety and protection of residents and patients. Restrictions may change at any given time in response to COVID-19 precautions. Current visitor restrictions will be posted at the facility or you may speak with a staff member for any questions.
- All individuals entering the building entrances must be screened for COVID-19 symptoms, including temperature check.
- All individuals must wear a mask, practice hand hygiene, and follow all staff instructions for the safety of patients and staff while in the facility.
- Please bring a mask with you to wear in the hospital and/or clinics for services to help us conserve supplies.
- Visitation may be limited in the Nursing Home and is by appointment only. Please call 208-226-3200 ext 100 for information about current visitation or communication options.
- Limited visitation is available in the Hospital with patients. Please speak with a nursing staff member for questions and visitation guidelines.
- ER patients will be permitted to have 1 support person with them. Additional family/friends accompanying patients may be asked to wait outside or come back to pick-up patients.
- Drive-up COVID-19 testing is still available at Power County Hospital with physician order! Look for the COVID car testing stalls in the upper parking lot. Stay in your car and call the phone number for admission/testing instructions
- The District has the COVID Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccine available through our American Falls Clinic. Currently in the state of Idaho all individuals over the age of 18 years are eligible to receive the vaccine!
- If you would like the vaccine, please call our Power County Family Clinic at 208-226-1057 to be scheduled for a time.
- It is very important to follow all scheduling rules and show up for appointment times to help us avoid wasting any vaccine.
Lastly, we want to reassure you that PCHD continues to take precautions for patient safety:
- Limited visitors and patient screening protocols continue to be in place for facility entry and we continue to evaluate policies and state/federal recommendations and regulations.
- Staff communication and training is ongoing for personal protective equipment, handwashing, facility cleaning, and patient/staff precautions.
- Additional coordination efforts and reporting about COVID-19 are ongoing by PCHD and shared with area facilities, health department, county, state, and the CDC.
PCHD staff and providers greatly appreciate your support as we prepare to care for patients in need during this time. Stay Safe. Be Kind.