Keep Calm & Continue to Wash Your Hands!
COVID-19 and its precautions are now a part of our new normal. Power County Hospital District wants to help continue ensuring that our community is educated and prepared for this virus and whatever that future may hold. The following information are some reminders and recommendations along with links to helpful website to help answer your questions.
First, we remind everyone to FOLLOW the recommendations of state & federal guidelines to help prevent widespread contamination in our area:
- Idaho has implemented a staged approach to reopening areas for the safety of everyone. Go to the Idaho COVID-19 website for more details on the virus and opening stages. This may change at any given time due to the spread of the virus in areas of the state.
- Follow CDC precautions to keep family and friends safe! This includes frequent hand washing, social distancing, & wearing a mask when recommended.
- If you are sick- stay home, except to get medical care!
- How to Protect Yourself and Others!
PCHD Facility Reminders:
- Visitors are not allowed in the Nursing Home at this time. This is for the protection of our most vulnerable population. Alternate communication options such as FaceTime is available to stay in contact with loved ones. Please call 226-3200 to make arrangements. We are working on a plan to safely allow limited visitation in the near future.
- Visitors are now allowed in the Hospital and ER on a limited basis. Visitors must be screened, wear masks, hand hygiene and adhere to all staff instruction and policies for the protection and treatment of patients.
- Everyone entering PCHD facilities will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms at the new ER entrance.
- Please bring a mask with you to wear in the facility, if you have one, to help us save our limited supplies.
- If you do have symptoms and need to seek help at the clinics or hospital, please call ahead if possible so our staff can do extra preparations and precautions for patient treatment. Use the old hospital entrance if you have symptoms for isolated care and treatment.
- COVID-19 virus and antibody collection testing is available at Power County Hospital. A doctor’s order is required for testing. Please call your doctor to discuss testing options and an order can be sent to the hospital. Virus tests are currently $120 for self pay patients. Insurance coverage varies for the test, please review your provider’s plan for cost information.
Helpful & Credible Resources for more information that we recommend:
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)– Best resource for information on COVID-19. Available in Espanol too!
- Southeastern Idaho Public Health– Website or Hotline for COVID-19 assistance at 1-888-330-3010 / 208-234-5875
- State of Idaho COVID19 Information– Information about State Home Order and Idaho COVID19 stats.
- Making Handmade Masks– The District and county are accepting handmade masks for those in need in our community. Please drop-off any donations at the Hospital Admission’s office or County EMS building.
Lastly, we want to reassure you that PCHD continues to take precautions for patient safety:
- Limited visitors and patient screening protocols are in place for facility entry and we continue to evaluate these policies as permitted or recommended by state and federal regulations.
- Staff communication and training is ongoing for personal protective equipment, handwashing, facility cleaning, and patient/staff precautions.
- Additional communication and coordination efforts about COVID-19 are ongoing by PCHD and shared with area facilities, health department, state task force, county, and the CDC.
We will get through this! PCHD staff & providers greatly appreciate your support as we prepare to fight & care for patients in need during this time. Thank-you!