Keep Calm- Wear a Mask & Wash Your Hands!
COVID-19 and its precautions are now a part of our new normal. Power County Hospital District wants to help continue ensuring that our community is educated and prepared for this virus and whatever that future may hold. We want to remind everyone to FOLLOW the recommendations of state & federal guidelines for facemask use, hand hygiene, and social distancing to help prevent widespread contamination in our area. The following information are some recommendations, PCHD facility policies, and links to helpful websites to help answer your questions.
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)– Best resource for information on COVID-19 and precautions to follow to keep your family safe! Information available in Espanol too!
- Southeastern Idaho Public Health– Website or Hotline for COVID-19 assistance at 1-888-330-3010 / 208-234-5875
- State of Idaho COVID19 Information– Information about State Orders and Idaho COVID19 stats.
- Making Handmade Masks– The District and county are still accepting handmade masks for those in need. Please drop-off donations at the Hospital ER or County EMS building.
- How to Protect Yourself and Others!
PCHD Facility Reminders regarding COVID-19: We have visitor restrictions in place for the safety and protection of residents and patients. Restrictions may change at any given time in response to COVID-19 precautions. Current visitor restrictions will be posted in the Hospital and Admissions area or you may speak with a staff member for any questions.
- All individuals must enter the building at the Hospital ER entrance and will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms, including temperature check to enter.
- All individuals must wear a mask, practice hand hygiene, social distancing for visits, and follow all staff instructions for the safety of patients and staff while in the facility.
- Please bring a mask with you to wear in the hospital and/or clinics for services to help us conserve our limited supplies.
- No visitation is allowed in the Nursing Home at this time. Please call 208-226-3200 ext 100 for information or communication options to visit with loved ones.
- Limited visitation is available in the Hospital with patients. Please speak with a nursing staff member for questions and visitation guidelines.
- ER patients will be permitted to have 1 support person with them. Additional family/friends accompanying patients may be asked to wait outside in their car or come back to pick-up patients.
- Drive-up COVID-19 testing is available at Power County Hospital! Look for the COVID car testing stalls in the upper parking lot. Stay in your car and call the phone number for admission/testing instructions.
- A doctor’s order is required for testing. Please call your regular doctor to discuss testing options and an order can be sent to the hospital.
- Virus tests are currently $120 for self pay patients. Insurance coverage varies for the test.
Lastly, we want to reassure you that PCHD continues to take precautions for patient safety:
- Limited visitors and patient screening protocols continue to be in place for facility entry and we continue to evaluate policies and state/federal recommendations and regulations.
- Staff communication and training is ongoing for personal protective equipment, handwashing, facility cleaning, and patient/staff precautions.
- Additional communication and coordination efforts about COVID-19 are ongoing by PCHD and shared with area facilities, health department, state task force, county, and the CDC.
We will get through this! PCHD staff & providers greatly appreciate your support as we prepare to care for patients in need during this time. Thank-you!